Sales Page: https://www.masterclass.com/classes/steve-martin-teaches-comedy
Download Size: 5.1GB
Direct Download Link: (No Ads, No Waiting Time, No Capcha)
This content is for members only.
You can Join Us for instant access and FREE Download.
What we will get in this course?
In this class, Steve shares insights from performing for cars and humans over a 50-year career spanning sold-out arenas and blockbuster films.
- Introduction – Meet Steve. He’s one of the most accomplished comedians of all time, an acclaimed writer, actor, and musician. And now, he’s your instructor.
- Getting Started in Comedy – No talent? No problem. Steve shares some ways that anyone can jumpstart their comedic journey. He didn’t let a lack of talent slow him down and thinks you shouldn’t either.
- Gathering Material – Inspiration is all around you if you know where to look. Steve teaches you how to keep your eyes open and reveals some of the most abundant sources of comedic material.
- Finding Your Comedic Voice – Figuring out what you have to say can be one of the most daunting tasks a comedian faces. Steve provides some effective techniques for identifying your own unique voice and channeling it into comedy.
- Developing a Comedic Persona – It’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it. Steve explains how his own stage persona emerged and teaches you how to cultivate one that will take your material to the next level.
- Jokes and Bits – There are a million ways to get someone to laugh. Steve refutes the myth that you need a punchline to be funny and analyzes a number of joke structures that you can use to keep them in stitches.
- Delivery – The difference is in the delivery. Steve offers techniques for pacing, physicality, and timing to help you hone those jokes you’ve written for the stage.
- Crafting Your Act – So you’ve got some jokes – now what? Steve reveals how you can turn your material into a stageworthy act.
- Student Session: Workshopping Nalini’s First Stand-Up Act – Steve sits down with a group of young comedians and gives Nalini hands-on guidance in the development of her very first stand up bit.
- And much more.